If you care about science, rationalism and education, you might want to consider penciling an item onto your calendar for this coming Saturday.
Organized by a group of Laurentian University students, the event begins at noon on April 22. The March for Science will see supporters march from Health Sciences North on Ramsey Lake Road to Memorial Park downtown, where speakers will address the crowd.
“On April 22, we walk out of the labs, out of the schools, and away from our computers to march in support of science, climate change, and education availability for all,” the group said in a release to media.
“We stand up for science in the face of governments that are acting to oppress scientists from informing and educating the public on important scientific matters, especially climate change.”
The event is open to everyone “who cares about science communication, research, the climate, and access to education.”
- Climate change proponents ridiculously believe the Earth was a calm, peaceful planet until humans started burning fossil fuels
- Climate change app terrorizes youth with wildly exaggerated sea level projections
- Climate Scientist Warns Against Geoengineering At TED Conference Vancouver
- Spineless Republican sellouts sign on to fake science “climate change” statement rooted in delusion
- March for Science rallies take aim at climate change skepticism, proposed budget cuts
- Pope Francis appears in ‘climate change’ movie featuring Obama, Clinton, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Climate change helped cause Brexit, says Al Gore
- Trump’s Defense Secretary Cites Climate Change as National Security Challenge
- In race to curb climate change, cities outpace governments
- Top Vatican official urges U.S. bishops to lobby against Trump’s stance on climate, weapons, and migrants
- Obama to discuss climate change in Italy
- Pope’s Address to Vatican Conference on the ‘Human Right to Water’